A) What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on the user’s device. They are temporary markers containing information that makes it possible to keep track of the user’s activities, until the cookies are deleted. They may contain log-in information (which will therefore not have to be re-entered by the user every time, unless the specific cookie is deleted), the user’s language preferences, the contents of their shopping cart, the information necessary for permitting communication between websites or for improving the site, etc. Cookies can be used for purely technical purposes, and in that case no consent is required from the user; or they can be used for different purposes, typically for profiling and marketing, and in that case the user’s consent is required. They may be either first-party cookies, i.e. cookies of this website’s Data Controller, or third-party cookies, such as the cookies Google uses for its analytics.
B) Characteristics, purpose, legal bases, storage 1. Technical cookies::
• Purpose: to permit the correct functioning and use of the website.
• Legal basis: art. 5 dir. 2002/58/CE
• Storage: session cookie, removed after the browser is closed;
• NB: These cookies do not require consent. If technical cookies are disabled, the site could present functioning problems
2. Third-party analytic cookies (Google, with anonymization):
• Purpose: statistical processing on the use of the website; for more information:https://policies.google.com/technologies/types?hl=en
• Legal basis: data rendered anonymous, GDPR not applicable
• Storage: https://policies.google.com/technologies/types?hl=en
• NB: The anonymization procedure is described here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052?hl=it
3. Third-party profiling cookies:
• Third party: Silktide Ltd, Brunel Parkway, Pride park, Derby, DE24 8HR, Brunel Parkway, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8HR, website: https://www.silktide.com/
• Legal basis: consent, as per art. 13 dir. 2002/58/CE
• We limit our intervention to obtaining, as intermediaries, your possible consent for the third party to set third-party cookies on your device. In particular, you give your consent to the setting of third-party cookies if: you click on “I accept” on the banner on the first page or if you perform any of the operations indicated on the banner.
• You may withdraw your consent at any time. You must notify your intention to withdraw your consent directly to the third party. It is, in any case, always possible to: delete the cookies stored on your device; set your browser to disable the setting of cookies (see details below); use third-party extensions to disable cookies, even selectively. It is recommended that you use open-source extensions.
C) How to set your browser to prevent the setting of cookies
It is possible to disable the setting of cookies through your browser settings. Below are links to the specific instructions for the main browsers:
• Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
• Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
• Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
• Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
• Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=it_IT
• Safari iOS: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
• Opera: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
Phi Hotels is a brand of Xenia S.p.A. SB Via Falzarego 1, 20021 Milano | Via Antonio Gramsci 79, 66016 Guardiagrele (CH) | P.IVA 01691390692
Company of the group